Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I come from...


Four different states, all growing corn tall 
a warm home with cherry wood covering the wall 
bikes, skateboards, and ramps cluttering the lawn
laying by the pool with a good book hiding a yawn 

dinner at the kitchen table
where a couple of little brothers are usually telling a fable 
an unspoken love growing more each day 
support and comfort no matter what I say 

reading, teaching, and learning 
always wanting to be dancing 
honesty, courage, and being loud
working to make them proud 

My parents, my brothers, and myself 
a family cherishing a different kind of wealth 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't have little brothers; they were all older than me. And I didn't have sons, only daughters. Maybe that's why I'm loving listening to my grandson tell his stories. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this poem!! I love your descriptions and I can tell how close you are with your family. It's a little different from the other "Where I'm from poems" I've read but I like it better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this poem. I can picture where you are from perfectly. Yeah I was that younger brother telling the fables to my sister. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELIZE HANSON and " PUS"!
    Oh dear.
    That's not nice!
    And either is APPIT with PTY LTD in that SALORMAN'S HYMNS with CONDOLEEZA RICE!
    And either is SUMMER in AMARANTHE with SINGER.
    SOGERE.
    He ain't APPYR.
    NO SIREE!
    CODSK.
    It 's a FODEN?
    Seems HONYAWK got the WODEN BLUES, with JB?
    Seems that HYPENTS got a HIGH VALLE ?
    Seems BALDWIN got the SCREWS?
    And POTYMP , she's RELLY giving it!
    Along with DRAGON BALL, too?
    OSIRIS- PETWOOD- HYDRA.
    Something about CRABSCRAW ?
    ORKSPER- SOLESSE- HESSE?
    Something about MICHEMA?

    ReplyDelete